- This event has passed.
Certificate in Event Planning
March 28, 2022 @ 11:00 am - April 1, 2022 @ 5:00 pm$1,200.00
This 30-hour Certificate in Event Planning Program is for florists, caterers, event planners, or anyone planning an event. Students will learn the workflow, fundamentals and best practices to bring a fully-planned event to fruition.
In this simulated project management course, we will show you how to plan an event from start to finish. Students will:
- Be led by industry icon Claudia Hanlin, Owner of the Wedding Library and Planner for Van Wyck, with over 20 years of event planning experience.
- Meet your hypothetical client and learn how to ask the right questions
- Learn the entire event planning process including:
- Selling your services
- Building vendor relationships
- Budgets & contracts
- Event timeline & run of show
- Layout software: Merri
- Event & tabletop design
- Presentation tools: Canva
- Planning & project management software: HoneyBook
- Bring home industry documents for professional/personal use, exclusive discounts on industry-leading software, Design Trunk from Nuage Designs with lifetime refresh of new collections, and other takeaways.
Throughout the week, classes will include presentations by industry professionals giving advice and reflections from their years of experience in the business. Professionals include representatives from Nuage Designs and other special guests!
At the end of this program each student must present their hypothetical wedding or event, including sample tables cape, to industry professionals for critique. It is your job to create the best event possible as per the clients interests while staying within budget.
The certification in Event Planning is a licensed counting education program by the State of New York Board of Education. Licensure under the State recognizes the school as a high quality and career oriented school.