- This event has passed.
Certificate in Event Design with Master Designer Claudia Hanlin
April 10 @ 10:00 am - April 14 @ 4:00 pm$3,250.00
Our 30-hour Certificate in Event Design Program is for florists, caterers, event planners, or anyone planning an event. Students will learn the workflow, fundamentals and best practices to bring a fully-planned event to fruition.
In this simulated project management course, we will show you how to design an event from start to finish. You will meet your Client, and learn how to create layouts, timelines, and budgets, with an emphasis on the elements of design. You will also learn about vendor relations and get to meet real industry professionals. Finally, you will get to work hand-on by designing your own table here in our event space.
- Learn from seasoned industry icon Claudia Hanlin, of the Wedding Library, who has over 20 years of high-end event planning experience.
- Meet your hypothetical client and learn how to ask the right questions
- Bring home professional industry document binder and other take-aways!
- Learn the entire event design and planning process including:
- Sales & Services
- Working with vendors & relationships
- Budgets & Contracts
- Event Timelines from
- Layouts using industry software
- Style & Design
- Presentation Tools
- Vendor relations
- Design your client’s dream event here in our studio with inventory from Squiggle Rentals, Nuage Designs Linens, Costa Nova Tableware, and other high-end design elements
- Tables will be professionally photographed by Andreas Sellinidis and featured in World Bride Magazine
Day One: Introduction to the event design process including discussion of sales and services; practice client consultations
Day Two: Learning about vendors, managing budgets, and creating event timelines
Day Three: Creating a design plan from mood boards to logistics
Day Four: Tablescaping and floral arrangements
Day Five: Meeting guest speakers and final student presentations
The Certificate in Event Design is a professional development course licensed by the New York State Education Department. Licensure under the State recognizes the school as a high quality and career oriented school.
To register for the Certificate in Event Design, purchase the ticket below and someone will reach out to regarding your enrollment forms and any additional information.
An innovator and entrepreneur at heart, Claudia Hanlin founded The Wedding Library in 2000, revolutionizing the way couples find and hire wedding vendors in the New York market. Claudia has been named a Top Wedding Planner by Martha Stewart Weddings, Brides, Vogue, The Knot and Modern Bride. She has been awarded numerous honors, including the prestigious Modern Bride Innovator’s Award, five International Special Events Society Big Apple Awards for Design, and The Knot’s Best of New York Wedding Planner.