- This event has passed.
5 Day Certificate in Event Design with East Olivia, 23 Layers, and Neon River – November 13th – November 17th , 2023
November 13 @ 10:30 am - November 17 @ 4:00 pm
Our 30-hour Certificate in Event Design Program is for florists, event planners, caterers, or anyone planning an event. Students will learn the workflow, fundamentals and best practices to bring a fully-planned event to fruition.
In this simulated project management course, we will show students how to design an event from start to finish. You will design for a number of clients and learn how to create layouts, timelines, and budgets, with an emphasis on the elements of design. You will work with a wide variety of vendors, form relationships and work along side real industry professionals.
During the week long course students will learn to execute several wedding design aesthetics from concept to compleation including: Timeless Love, Playing House, and Surreal Romance. For the final project, students will get to build their own own table here in our event space that will be the showpiece of their creativity and attention to detail.
- Collaborate with the world renown design team of East Olivia , 23 Layers, and Neon River Weddings
- Meet your hypothetical client and learn how to ask the right questions
- Learn the entire event design and planning process including:
- Selling your Services
- Building Vendor Relationships
- Budgets & Contracts
- Event Timelines & Run of Show
- Layouts using industry software: AllSeated
- Event & Tabletop Design
- Presentation Tools: Canva, BeMerri, and Others
- Design your client’s dream event here in our studio with inventory from Nuage Designs Linens, Costa Nova Tableware, Squiggle Rentals, and other high-end design elements
- Tables will be professionally photographed
Day One – Monday, November 13th:
- Introduction to the event design process including : discussion of sales and services, practice client intake strategies, production timelines, vendor evaluations, and shot lists
Day Two – Tuesday, November 14th:
- Learning about vendors, managing budgets, and creating event timelines
Day Three – Wednesday, November 15th:
- Production Day including prepping: tables, linens, votives, table flowers, and floral installations
Day Four – Thursday, November 16th:
- Day of practice event, florals finished, photograph table-scapes, venue staffing and assignments
- From 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. students will be part of a high-profile event titled, “Museum of Matrimony” with A-Listers such as editors, designers, and other event design professionals. Students will have a front row seat to the exciting event, and be able to see the spectacle firsthand, networking with industry professionals. See below for more information.
Day Five – Friday, November 17th:
- Final presentations, event breakdown, debrief process, sales and services, and graduation
The Certificate in Event Design is a professional development course licensed by the New York State Education Department. Licensure under the State recognizes the school as a high quality and career oriented school.
To register for the Certificate in Event Design, purchase the ticket below and someone from our team will reach out regarding your enrollment forms and any additional information. We need a minimum of 4 students to run this class.
East Olivia is a female-founded creative agency based in NYC. Deeply rooted in the belief that accessibility to ephemeral beauty is a fundamental right for all, they seek to create more beauty in the world for everyone. From their large-scale floral installations to their original Forever Floral arrangements, they are innovating the floral industry one bud at a time.
Neon River Weddings are storytellers, wizards, producers, planners, and problem solvers. They are creatives, lovers, innovators, dreamers, doers.
Born from the Event Production Company, Twenty Three Layers, Neon River is a design-forward agency that takes a boutique approach to wedding planning. Communication, creativity, and process mixed together with more than a decade of work producing events across all verticals within the industry whether it be experiential events, brand launches, or pop-ups, only creates a more faceted approach to how we think about weddings.
Don’t miss your chance to be a part of this amazing event, where students have an opportunity to network with event planning industry professionals at the VIP party titled, “Museum of Matrimony.”